Saturday, February 26, 2011

Its like a dream

Yesterday,I completed my first interview with Disney for their college program. I was nervous and anxious and excited,all of the things you should be when you interview.

In the back of my head I was thinking about how many times I almost let go over the last year. I was thinking about how close I came to giving up on life all together.I was thinking about my ex,who destroyed every dream  I had. I was thinking about all of those people who backstabbed me and hurt me.

I felt strength when it came down to it. I felt like if I could get into this program and go through it and complete it, itd be a dream. Itd make all of the hardships worthwhile and make pulling through all of it seem worth it.

This time last year, I was happy,or so I thought I was. I was engaged to my high school sweetheart. I was living with my best friends,I was blossoming at work and school. I had finally come out of my shell of depression.It was the simplicity of life that I was happy about,it for once wasnt complicated.

Then in July,all of the simplicity came to a hault.It was destroyed and I died inside. My now ex and I broke up and without him I didnt feel strong. I didnt feel like I could go on anymore,we had been together so long that I lost myself in him.Which is a horrible feeling to have.

I drank for the first time in my then 19 yrs of life and I drank to get drunk. I used it as a lubricant to feel something again. It didnt work. I got worse and worse and even dropped out of school temporarily.

Now I think how that time was only 5 months ago and now I feel stronger,happy and able to move foward. Disney,is just the beginning to me conquering the world.
Thanks for Reading,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment